WBTS Camera (v1.0) Feature Showcase!
(Click on the camera picture above to begin playing)
The First Round of feedback is in! The numbers and suggestions have been received and we’ve averaged everything together. Be sure and check out the ‘current’ control speeds and let us know what you think.
If you press the ‘g’ key, all the hud items will disappear. Press it again and they come back.
Things that made this build (Extras and work in progress).
- Quickly select a unit and let the camera follow him
- Press the letter ‘q’ to toggle attachment on to the moving box Remember, even in fullscreen hud mode, you can still follow players
- Set positions in game for quick camera jumps)
- Press and hold ‘Shift + (0-9)’ to set a location on the map
- Press and hold ‘C + (0-9)’ to go to a location on the map
- Shake camera within an explosion radius (Temporarily set to a key)
- Press the letter ‘o’ to simulate an explosion camera shake
- First pass on minimap for camera (Located in top right corner)
- Press the ‘spacebar’ to toggle fullscreen minimap
- Note: Soldiers, Trees, Object icons are placeholder art
Camera Quick Zoom
- Quickly zoom camera up and down maintaining focus
- Press the letter ‘z’ to zoom Up
- Press the letter ‘x’ to zoom Down
- Note: There are issues with the zoom, but we want to go ahead and see what you think so far.
The camera controls will remain open during development, so if you test it out again in a month and have changes, revisions, or additions, feel free to post them here or email us.
The polishing stage for the camera continues, when major updates take place we will let you know.
Next week we delve in to the Weather Effect Showcases. See you in seven days!